Monday, August 13, 2007

The Shooter p1

The Shooter


I was ready to take the shot. I knew I didn't want to.

I had to.

My heart rate was a little high, not normal. Not normal at all.

Normal is dead calm, that's part of why I get the big bucks.

I took a deep breath, trying to settle down, the shot was long even for me, a good 250 yards.

I sighted again, waiting for the instant between heartbeats to squeeze. Just then she got up with the help of her crutches and moved out of view behind the man she had been talking to.

I settled down, waited.

I had time.

Who am I, you might wonder?

I am a ghost, I don't exist. I am who I say I am, I am never the same person twice. You hear rumors of people like me, but you never know for sure. Even if you see me, speak to me, you will forget moments later, I am non-descript, part of the background.

I am just there and then I am gone.

Usually when a packet arrives, it is some jerk business type who has cheated my customer a bit too much, or an agent for some government that has created waves.

I do my job, there is a short blurb in the news and comments about investigations, then time hides my tracks.

I do not get to say no, either. If I did, then it would be me not knowing when or where it would come from.

I am a ghost.

The last packet was different, the price was very high. The photos showed a beautiful woman, I recognized her instantly from her long cast covering her right leg. Sexy pink leg bent at the knee. Rich, powerful, in the news from going to court against the Russian mafia.

They tried already but missed. Just making her more desirable by breaking her leg

That meant dangerous. I had heard of the marriages into the Russian mafia.

Messy stuff I knew why I had a job to do. I had no need to know. There was only the job. I just packed and went to work.

The first problem came when I walked into the restaurant at the hotel. I had no more than settled down, checking the menu when she crutched in, people in tow.

It was like the room lit up, there was a buzz as people noticed this tall sexy woman wearing a lovely skirt with a slit showing off her cast and blouse.

Too close, way too close. I could not just get up and walk out, that might mean attention. She took the table next to me, sat down facing me with her broken leg now inches from me. The people with her sat down.

I flustered, not good. Not good at all. She was not supposed to be here. But she was. Very nice woman with incredible legs. Yes legs. There is something about sexy tall woman on crutches sporting a cast that drives me crazy

I heard her voice, a nervous laugh. Glancing up, I saw she was looking right at me. I glanced away, avoiding eye contact but looking straight at the pink cast covering her right leg, what a mistake, a rookie mistake but how can I not stare.

I’ve looked at a lot of woman in websites wearing rec cast but she was so much better and real.

The waiter came and took my order, I sipped my coffee and tried to not see her. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her keep looking my way.

It hit me that she was used to being stared at, not ignored, so I looked up at her. At 5 10 it’s hard not to notice her. Her breast was bursting through that tight fitting white blouse

She smiled, I smiled back, returned to my coffee.

The meal came, I ate in silence, trying not to hurry. I got up, walked to the cashier and paid the bill in cash. I was placing the change in my pocket, preparing my escape when I heard her voice.

"Hello."

I turned, looked at her.

"Hello." I said

"Are you staying here at the hotel?" She said while standing tall on her crutches looking so desirable

"Yes." I was curious now.

"I was wondering why you are alone?" She moved her broken leg and pain came across her lovely blue eyes.

"Business, I leave tomorrow." I shifted my body also, letting the language suggest I was ready to leave.

She was too close, dangerous. I always keep distance between myself and my work.

"OK." Then that smile I had seen a hundred times in newspapers, magazines. Her eyes looked at me, almost like she was looking right through me

I was sweating by the time I got back to my room. Her eyes, breast, nipples, legs, cast and crutches would not leave my mind.

Not normal, not normal at all. I was getting a bad feeling. She had noticed me, I am not supposed to be noticed.

I am supposed to be a ghost.

Eh a broken ghost that needs to kill this broken angel.


Conclusion to come

No comments: